Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Remembering...

It was three years ago today. Three years ago that our sweet little cottage was swallowed up by a filthy sludge, filled with bacteria and disease.

The journey since then has been long and sometimes arduous but for the first time I can honestly say, I wouldn't change it. I wouldn't take it back because we've been through some amazing times to get here.

This is the first anniversary where we've been back in the house.  That first anniversary after the flood was difficult. We had only just settled with the insurers after a year and there was still the battle ahead with the Council. The second anniversary was a little better as we had reached the halfway mark in building. But today feels good. Today feels like we've reached the end of that journey. The house is finished and the house is high, but mainly, the house is home.

Today there is almost no trace of that darling little house or the devastation that came that day. But the day will be forever etched in my mind. I'll remember it every year for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment