Monday, August 25, 2014

The veggie garden


We're finally starting to see the fruits of our labour in the veggie garden (as we should, it's been over a year). These little babies are super hot chillies which I'm really looking forward to eating!  Josh and I have chilli eating competitions - first one to go for the water is the loser.


The mint is going crazy, but I don't have anything really to put it in. I don't use mint that much except for rice paper rolls.



The tomatoes haven't started bearing any fruit yet and are actually looking a little sad. We've had a heap  of rain over the last few days so maybe that will improve things.

The other things we have growing are shallots, more different types of chilli and basil. About half of the veggie garden though is taken up with some gardenias that I previously had in pots. They weren't do very well in the pots so I planted them here temporarily with the intention of putting in the garden beds out the front, but of course that hasn't happened yet. Now that the driveway is in, the gardenias will go in the garden beds next to the driveway and the veggie garden will go back to being a veggie garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment