Saturday, October 1, 2016

Time out with the fam bam



No work on the house lately, I've been in North Queensland visiting my family. It was hot, hot, hot!! Actually, 33°C to be exact and 110% humidity. But the parents have a pool so all good.


My Mumsy's garden is the ultimate. Flowers, veggies, succulents, cacti, fruit trees AND the time to work on it all the time. The beauty of retirement.


These cotton harlequin beetles are stunning, but apparently not great for the garden. Luckily they weren't in her garden, just one we were walking past.

The cumquat tree was laden with fruit to the point they were just falling on the floor. I've decided yes, one of these is going in my garden.


The hippeastrums bloomed the day before we left. Gorgeous vibrant shades of orange and red.


I collected eggs because….


They have chickens!!!!!! I wish I had chickens. I wish I had this garden. I wish I had time to have this garden. But I had time with the family so…win. #grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment