Monday, July 10, 2017

Marimekko Canvas Find


Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Gumtree? This giant Marimekko Ulmenia canvas is my latest ultimate find. I wasn't even looking for it and I can't even remember what I was originally searching for. Regardless, it came to me somehow and was just meant to be.


I'd always planned a statement piece for the space at the landing, just hadn't found exactly what I wanted. Well, not entirely, I had considered putting this Marimekko Hetkia Moments there, but I really wanted something with colour that would really stand out from the bottom of the stairs and this was perfect! Weirdly, I do know this piece from my general love of Marimekko - so I knew EXACTLY what it was when it came up.

The lady that I bought it from was selling it for her mother. She'd bought a display apartment and this was in it. It was taking up too much space in the storage area downstairs so she was more than happy to get rid of it for what I consider to be a very, very good price!


The canvas is HUGE!  So big in fact, I couldn' fit it in my Honda CRV and had to call for a ute. To put it into perspective, this is Jansen prepping it for hanging and he's 6 foot tall.


From every angle it looks amazing. I love it so, so much and it's so perfect in this space. Some things really are meant to be.

PS: In case you can't see it, it's a cow. (Can't unsee that now can you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment