Saturday, September 23, 2017

The new master bedroom nook


Ta-dah! Here's the little nook in the master bedroom, just as you come through the door. I've been meaning to do something with it for a while, just haven't had the time or found the right pieces. 

There's actually a TV point here, so it was designed so you could put a tv on the wall and a cabinet underneath. Or it would be a fabulous space for an ottoman or day bed, which I've been looking for but haven't quite found one that was the right size, look and price.

I've settled on turning this into a little reading space, mainly because I already had all these pieces to hand. The chair is part of the amazing collection Frederik A Keyser collection I scored from Gumtree, the side table was one of two I took from the guest room (and replaced there with a plant), the copper lamp was given to me by a friend and the little succulent in the marble pot was originally out in the reading nook. The only thing relatively new is the massive abstract art, which I've had a while, just didn't know where to hang it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it! I've already tested it out, sitting with a cup of tea and reading a magazine. It's a nice calming little spot :-).



No comments:

Post a Comment