Monday, June 11, 2012

First Purchase!


I went to Ikea today with my bestie Cheree and bought my first item for the house!! It was the Fillsta Pendant Lamp I'd written about in a previous post. It came in three sizes, but I bought the largest one, the 78cm one for the stairwell.


I'd toyed with the idea of having three of them hanging at different lengths and perhaps different sizes, as I was worried that the large one wouldn't be big enough for the stairwell. They had three hanging on a display in the store and although they were the same size, I still liked the effect. The large one though looked large enough so I'm going to leave it until the house is built and I can see it in situ.

I was also going to buy these pendant lamps for above the kitchen bench. They looked awesome in the photo and on display, but when I went to get them, they felt like plastic. They were really light and because they weren't packed a box, some of the ones in the container were already dented. I still like the look of them, but because I need to store the for the next 6 months, I might be better waiting until when they're ready to hang.


I also bought this series of prints, there were a set of three. I thought it would be cute framed and sitting behind framed photos on a sideboard. It was only $3.99, down from $14.99 so even if it doesn't work out, it's not like it was a big outlay.

BTW...I LOVE Ikea!

No comments:

Post a Comment