Monday, November 5, 2012

50 Shades of White


I was a little surprised when the builder said he needed the paint colour for the chamferboards. I would have thought that would be one of the last things that would be done. But as soon as the boards are up and roof is on the painting will commence so I needed to select 'the colour'.

It'll be white. Easy peasy. Right?

WRONG!!!!!

How many freaking shades of white are there?????

Oh my god. I stood in front of the Dulux stand at Bunnings, mouth agape, feeling overwhelmed and confused. How can there possibly so many shades of white and is there really much difference between them?

I had to call in the experts. I laid out all the swatches in front of Daryl and he was able to decipher Vivid White from Whisper White. What we were wanting was a cool colour as opposed to a warm shade of white with more grey then pink through it.

So the final choice is...





Dulux White on White!! I don't need to choose the trim colours yet, but I'm thinking of either a light grey or very dark slate.

Actually it makes sense now that they need to do the painting now...while the scaffolding is up.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice on the White On White! Kirty

    ReplyDelete