Saturday, December 29, 2012

Shower Niches


Instead of shelves or those shower caddies that hang over the shower rose, I wanted to have niches in the bathrooms to hold shampoos and shower gels etc. I think they look a little neater and tidier than caddies. The builders have put in one that spans almost the entire width of the wall, which I'm so happy with because originally they were only going to be quite short. They're not very deep, but because they're so long I think it will be OK.

The niches are in the main bathroom and ensuite upstairs, but unfortunately not the guest powder room downstairs. There was a pipe along the only wall it could go on so that will have a single glass shelf.

4 comments:

  1. As long as they are wide enough for your shampoo bottles to sit on - that's all you need. I love them too. Much nicer than a rusty old shower caddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie-Ann, they will definitely be wide enough, but I am concerned they aren't deep enough. I took this photo when I was in a huge hurry so I didn't really check it properly. They look very shallow. The builders are on holidays now until early Jan so I will check it out as soon as they are back on site :-) xx

      Delete
  2. The niche looks great Karina! I wish I put them in my house... They will get narrower again once the tiles are installed, you might have to look into narrow bottles :) hehe, none-the-less they will look great!

    Kirty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God I forgot about tiling. They do look narrow! I'll have to check with the builder as soon as they're back on site, otherwise...yeah super narrow bottles!! :-) xx

      Delete