Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chop! Chop!


I came home yesterday and there was a rather unassuming package on the doorstep. When I opened it, OMG, it was a 6 piece Global knife set.

Whoa!!! That's not really the kinda thing a courier should leave on the doorstep, without a signature, at a house without a fence.

Still - WOWSERS! These are like the Mercedes Benz of knives, who would send such things?



After much texting around to find the mystery sender, turns out it was Jansen. Apparently he was sick of using my crappy knives when he made dinner. Awww that's so sweet.

He's so right, we actually don't have any proper knives at all. We've been using a set of Victorinox steak knives to cut everything and it's a particular bitch when you're trying to cut a breadstick. We have a fancy schmancy bread knife to do that now.

They're amazing!!! The kitchen looks all gourmet with its fancy knife block :-)

(I'm very lucky...)

2 comments:

  1. Love these knives! Some tips for you. Dont sharpen them, they dont need it. My parents bought a set 6 months after me. Dad thinking he knows it all sharpened them and now they constantly need to be sharpened. NO deal to that!!
    Dont put them in the dish washer, EVER!
    Ive had my set for 2 years, never sharpened and still as sharp as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thanks Breanne, I didn't know about the dishwasher thing. I'm going to take such good care of these - they look like they will last a lifetime!! xx

      Delete