Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Then and now….

The House, 2015

The House, 2016
I take loads of photos of every stage of the house for a few reasons. Firstly, it's just nice to have a record and every now and then I'll go back and have a look when I'm feeling in an historical mood.

Secondly though, it's for motivation. I've learned that building/renovating can be a long, arduous, frustrating and at time, demotivating process. Sometimes you have to look back to see how far you've come, especially when you hit a roadblock.

The beginning of the year is always a bit of a melancholy time for me - have I done everything to the house that I said I would? Am I where I said I would be at this time of the year? 

I took some new photos and compared them to this time last year. I'm no where near where I thought I'd be, but we've definitely made progress and I'm going to be happy with that. Life is busy, really busy, and when you're doing everything by yourself, mostly by hand, it doesn't leave much time. So I'm going to be happy with the progress of the past year and start setting some goals for this year.

Most of the progress has been at the front of the house, which has been on my wish list since we built. The fence is up and painted and I'm really happy with it. It was painful to paint, but we got there in the end.

Driveway 2015
Driveway 2016
The plants in the garden are going really well.  I started planting at the end of Winter, and while Spring was slow, the heat of Summer seems to have agreed with the plants and they've been growing like crazy these last few weeks.

Side Garden, 2015

Side Garden, 2016
This year the goal is to complete the subdivision and get the spare block on the market and complete the works underneath the house. Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment