Sunday, July 30, 2017

Feathered friends


I'm in a reflective mood today peeps, thinking about all the fab things about the house and the neighbourhood. This was brought on while I was having a cup of tea on the back balcony and this little feathered friend flew in and sat on the railing. There were actually two of them but one flew away before I could get my phone. It's pretty common for kookaburras to sit here, I guess they like the view.  We also get the occasional deer (which I've never actually seen, just reported the community page) in the neighbourhood and other wildlife like foxes and bush turkeys.

This place really is fab - I just want to take a moment to appreciate it. The train station is down the road, the Woolworths and some great cafes and restaurants are down the road. Bunnings is just a quick drive away and neighbours are really great. I'm really grateful for the time we've had here.


Now, back to the kookaburra. Look how chill he is! Josh got even closer and he didn't even bat an eyelid. Sat there for about 20 minutes before he flew off. Hope he comes back for a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment