Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Stone top up under the house


I had the guys who did the fence also replace the treated timber border under the house with 200mm sleepers. They also laid some builder's plastic and topped up the tumbled river rock. I had originally put some weedmat down, but it was pretty useless and there were loads of weeds coming through.


The larger sleepers separates the space a bit better and will also make it easier to spread the topsoil and turf that's coming later next week. 

I would so have loved to deck or pave this, but it's just too expensive at this stage. That will be for the next family to make their own.


I'm still getting used to the fence being there...it's so weird to have such a small backyard after so long having a big one. Maybe once all the landscaping goes in I'll feel a bit different, maybe it will feel more cozy and intimate.


No comments:

Post a Comment